Monday, September 2, 2013

As a Business Education major in Information Technology (IT) I have learned throughout my studies that there is more to the IT curriculum than just troubleshooting.  I was initially hesitant about IT because of my fears of the inability to troubleshoot.

I have definitely been educated and know that combining technology in the classroom is an essential asset in learning in class as well as online.  As instructors we must learn how to facilitate and implement these new tools to enhance student learning.  The use of technology will assist in accelerated learning and student motivation.  Computers and the World Wide Web gives us access to information 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

I am glad the Business Education-IT major is available as a degree that I can obtain online.  Why wouldn't it be?  It's and IT degree!

4 comments:

  1. I'm an online student also. I wish you the best as you complete your degree. So glad you overcame your fear to pursue it. You will do a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read an article recently concerning I.T. professionals and their attitudes toward non-tech savvy people. It seems that people who trouble shoot for a living tend to become angry because a lot of the questions they receive are the same, which becomes frustrating over time for them and gives them the feeling that everyone but them has an overall IQ of 10. I am reminded of a British Sitcom called “The IT Crowd”, in this show you see them become ever more angry at those around them because they can’t seem to understand basic computer knowledge such as checking to see if the screen is on because they can see anything on the screen. Just remember that we all were tech illiterate at some point in our lives. I believe that those of us who earn our degrees online have a unique advantage on others who earn traditional degrees. We understand the importance and application of technology and how to integrate it with social media to create a system of learning not previously seen in the secondary school level. I believe that we will be the innovators of the coming century in education.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Erica, you are right technology is among us it is a great tool that helps us learn. I must admit it can become very intimidating at times when you don't understand or know. But what I learned by taking my first online course as an undergrad is that it takes patience and perseverance. You will be fine and I'm sure you will do great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Erica

    I love being an IT major because it can be applied to any career. With technology changing everyday, the ability to troubleshoot becomes critical!

    ReplyDelete